Last week: Wise won the 100- and 200-meter dashes at the PIAA Class AA track championships Saturday at Shippensburg University.
Check this out: Wise is only a junior, but has already established herself as one of the top sprinters in the state. Wise's time of 11.85 in the 100 fell just 0.07 seconds shy of the PIAA Class AA championship record held by former Rochester star Lauryn Williams, who went on to Olympic fame. Wise placed first in the 100 and second in the 200 at the WPIAL championships. She won both WPIAL events her sophomore year and finished third in both at the PIAA championships.
• Did you think you were going to win the 100 and 200 at states? No. I was just focusing on the 100. Winning the 200 was a big surprise to me.
• Do anything to celebrate? I had a couple people over my house when I got back, but they didn't stay long because I got tired.
• What is left for you to do in your high school career? Just continue to work and get in the weight room more. I have to work extra hard because I know there's going to be a target on me my senior year.
• Do you have any superstitions when you run? I have to wear the same headband and I wear the same compression shorts every race.
• Dream school? North Carolina.
• If you could see anyone in concert, who would it be? Drake.