Canon-Mac, Peters Township boys soccer teams battle to draw
Two of the top boys soccer teams in the WPIAL split four meetings a season ago.
Thursday, they found themselves deadlocked once again.
No. 3 Canon-McMillan and No. 5 Peters Township played to a 0-0 draw in a Class AAA Section 5 showdown.
Christian Snatchko was the goalkeeper for Canon-McMillan (6-0-2, 3-0-2), while Max O'Hare was his counterpart for host Peters Township (7-1-1, 4-0-1).
Defending WPIAL champion Canon-McMillan has allowed only two goals this season.
Other top boys games
• Danny Wallowicz scored on a header midway through the second half to help Seneca Valley (6-1-1, 5-0) win at Class AAA No. 4 North Allegheny (7-1, 4-1), 1-0, in Section 2.
• Michael Cummings and Collin Wurst scored first-half goals to lead Class AA No. 1 West Allegheny (9-0, 5-0) to a 2-0 home win against No. 4 Quaker Valley (5-3-1, 3-2) in Section 5.
• Bailey McIntyre scored four goals and James Ewing added a goal and three assists to lift host Geibel Catholic (5-1-2, 3-0-2) to a 7-4 Class A Section 4 win against Beth-Center (5-2, 4-1).
• South Fayette goalkeeper Alex Gedrys notched his ninth shutout to help the Class AA No. 2 Lions (9-0, 5-0) win at Carrick (0-6, 0-5), 17-0, in Section 5. The Lions have outscored their opponents, 39-0.
• Sewickley Academy shot a school-record low score in defeating Cornell, 174-265, at Moon Golf Club in Class AA Section 9. All five Sewickley Academy players were under par, led by Keenan Hickton's 2-under 34.
• Gateway's Bobby Guiliani fired a 5-under 36 at Murrysville Golf Course, but the Gators were defeated by Franklin Regional, 202-212.
• Central Valley's Macky Fouse shot a 4-under 69 at Ponderosa Golf Course to post the low score at the Class AA Section 2 WPIAL qualifier.
• In a regular-season tri-meet at Shannopin Country Club, North Allegheny's Sophia Lee aced the second hole as the Tigers (176) topped Mars (227) and Ambridge (272).
• Elizabeth Siefert's second-half goal propelled Winchester Thurston to a 1-0 win at Shady Side Academy in Class AA.