The WPIAL Team Wrestling Tournament marks its 35th anniversary with this week's tournaments. Below is a breakdown of the top 20 teams in WPIAL Team Tournament history, ranked by the number of appearances. All figures listed below reflect totals that include the 2011-12 season. The list does not include 2012-13 appearances.
* Connellsville (34) - The Falcons are the only team to qualify every year. All 34 appearances came in Class AAA. The Falcons have won seven titles, finished second six times, and have a 72-28 record in WPIAL post-season play.
* North Allegheny (31) - The Tigers have qualified all but three years in Class AAA, including the past 27 years. The Tigers have won five WPIAL titles and have a 37-26 post-season record, but haven't won a title since 1990.
* Canon-McMillan (30) - The Big Macs have qualified all but four years in Class AAA, including the past 15 years. The Big Macs have won eight WPIAL titles and placed second six times. They have a 70-23 record.
* Kiski Area (23) - The Cavaliers have made 23 consecutive appearances, all in Class AAA, and have won two titles and placed second four times. They have a 38-21 record.
* Trinity (23) - The Hillers have a 34-21 record in WPIAL post-season play and have won two titles, the last coming in 2002.
* Waynesburg (23) - The Raiders have 18 Class AAA appearances, including the last nine years. They have an 18-17 record and claimed one title. In Class AA, the Raiders have an 11-2 record in five appearances, including three WPIAL titles.
* Chartiers-Houston (23) - The Bucs have a 19-18 record in 18 Class AA appearances. They also have five appearances in Class AAA, in which they had a 9-3 and claimed two WPIAL titles.
* Mt. Pleasant (23) - The Vikings have a 14-16 record in 16 Class AAA appearances. They also have a 14-4 record in 7 Class AA appearances, including three WPIAL titles.
* Latrobe (22) - All appearances were made in Class AAA. The Wildcats have a 23-22 record and have placed second in the WPIAL twice.
* Jefferson-Morgan (21) - All appearances were in Class AA. The Rockets have won five WPIAL titles, but none since 1995. They have a 25-16 record.
* West Greene (21) - The Pioneers have a 21-20 record in WPIAL post-season play, all in Class AA. They won a WPIAL title in 1994.
* Keystone Oaks (21) - The Golden Eagles have a 5-16 record in 16 Class AAA appearances. In Class AA, they have a 3-5 mark in five appearances.
* Burrell (20) - The Buccaneers have a 36-12 record in WPIAL post-season play, all in Class AA. They have won 8 WPIAL titles, including six in a row, and placed second three times.
* Shaler (20) - All appearances in Class AAA. The Titans have a 12-20 record, but haven't been to the playoffs since 2006.
* Plum (19) - The Mustangs have a 2-19 record in post-season play, all in Class AAA. Their last appearance was 2006.
* McGuffey (19) - In 18 Class AAA appearances, the Highlanders have won three WPIAL titles, placed second four times, en route to a 37-15 record. The Highlanders were 1-1 in their lone Class AA appearance, placing second.
* Washington (18) - Ranks second in Class AA history with seven titles. The Little Prexies have a 30-11 record, but haven't appeared in the post-season since 2006.
* Greensburg Salem (18) - The Golden Lions have a 20-18 record in post-season play, all in Class AAA.
* Burgettstown (18) - The Blue Devils have a 7-18 record in post-season play, all in Class AA.
* Seneca Valley (17) - The Raiders have a 4-17 record in post-season play, but haven't qualified since 2002.